Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Last Lecture


I finished reading "The Last Lecture" and I LOVED it... If you haven't read "The Last Lecture", READ IT!!!
I won't say too much about it in particular, just that it reminded me about Einstein's saying "There are 2 ways of living: one is as if nothing is a miracle; another is as if EVERYTHING is a miracle".
It also reminded of something I was thinking about the other night while taking a shower (no, I was NOT drunk or anything)... Do you know why the phrase "the miracle of life" exist (and why there's no such thing as "the miracle of death?)??? Well, because: 1) With millions of possibilities for a completely different person, we were the winners in the lottery of life and 2) But also because being alive IS a miracle, have you ever thought about how "easy" it is to die??? People die of cancer, diabetes, heart disease, yeah, but also car accidents, falls, bug bites, the flu, etc... it's like when you stub your toe or get a paper cut, and it hurts A LOT (I won't use the words I would use IRL here LOL), just think about how much you (usually) don't appreciate the "work" that it takes your body to be healthy most of the time or in other words, the "miracle" of being healthy; it's like we take it for granted, like "it's the body's job, isn't it???".
Another thing I've been thinking about recently, perhaps because of the book but also because I've heard people (or maybe it was on TV) saying it is the phrase "life is not fair"... Why? Because it's usually said when the person is down in his/her luck, why don't we say "life is not fair" when we have everything we want, when we're healthy, when we have a job, when we're happy??? Do we REALLY think we "deserve" it??? Further more, do we really think that the people who are sick or poor deserve it???
I really believe that in the end, we're all going to die (obviously), but also that every "bad"/sad experience will teach us something and that will make us grow emotionally and spiritually, and that your true friends will be with you through it all, and you'll learn to value the truly important things in life...
This is how I want to live my life. I want to live worry "free", I want to be thankful for ALL the experiences I get to live, I want to enjoy my life, good, bad or indifferent, knowing that you really, only live once!!!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Acabo de terminar de leer "La Ultima Lectura" y me ENCANTO... Si no has leido "La Ultima Lectura", LEELO!!!
No voy a elaborar mucho en los particulares del libro, solo quiero comentar que me recordo una frase de Einstein: "Hay 2 maneras de vivir: una es como si nada fuera un milagro, la otra, como si TODO fuera un milagro".
Tambien me hizo acordar de que la otra noche mientras me bananba (no andaba peda ni nada) estaba pensando... Alguna vez han escuchado la frase "el milagro de la vida" (y por que no existe la frase "el milagro de la muerte?)??? La vida es un milagro porque 1) Entre millones de posibilidades de que hubiera nacido otra persona, nosotros somos los ganadores de la loteria de la vida, y 2) Pero tambien porque la vida ES un milagro, alguna vez has pensado que tan "facil" es morirse??? Hay gente que muere de cancer, a causa de diabetes, enfermedades del corazon, pero tambien a causa de accidentes vehiculares, caidas, piquetes de insectos, influenza, etc... Es como cuando uno se pega en un dedo del pie, o te lastimas una unia y duele muchisimo (no voy a usar las frases que utilizaria en la vida real jajaja) simplemente piensa en que (usualmente) uno no siente gratitud o aprecio por el "trabajo" que hace el cuerpo en mantenerse sano la mayor parte del tiempo, en otras palabras, el "milagro" de estar sano; mas bien lo damos por hecho, es como que pensamos que es el trabajo del cuerpo, no???
Otra de las cosas en que he estado pensando recientemente, tal vez debido al libro pero tambien porque he escuchado a personas decirlo (tal vez en la television) es en la frase "la vida no es justa"... Por que??? Porque usualmente esa frase la dicen cuando a una persona le esta yendo mal, por que cuando a uno le esta yendo bien, cuando tienes todo lo que quieres, estas saludable, tienes trabajo y estas contento, uno no dice "la vida no es justa"??? REALMENTE creemos que "merecemos" todo lo bueno que tenemos??? Y entonces, la gente que esta enferma o es pobre tambien lo "merece"???
Realmente creo que al final todos nos vamos a morir (obviamente), pero tambien que cualquier experiencia "mala"/triste nos ensenara algo y nos hara crecer emocional y espiritualmente, y que los amigos verdaderos estaran ahi durante todo el camino, y aprenderas a valorar lo que es realmente importante en la vida...
Asi es como quiero vivir mi vida... Quiero vivir "sin preocupaciones", quiero estar agradecida por todas las experiencias que me toque vivir, y disfrutar mi vida, sea buena, mala o indiferente, sabiendo que en realidad, solo vives una vez!!!

No comments: